Timeshare Seller FAQ
If you’re a Hilton Grand Vacations Club timeshare owner looking to sell your timeshare on the secondary market, you may have many questions. The process of how to sell timeshare is important to know before you commit to getting rid of your HGVC membership. On this page, we’ve complied some seller FAQs to help answer the common questions you may have.
How Much Can I Get for My Timeshare?
Nearly all timeshares depreciate in value. Because of this, it is highly unlikely that you will make a profit on your timeshare through the resale market. However, selling your HGVC timeshare is a good way to get rid of your annual fees while earning some money in the process. The actual market value of your timeshare depends on a number of factors, but the easiest way to tell is by using our What Is Your HGVC Timeshare Worth feature.
How Do I Place a Timeshare Resale Ad?
To place an ad on the resale market, you will need to do the following:
- Determine the fair market value of your timeshare
- Provide an HGVCResales.com timeshare resale representative with details about your timeshare so they can create an ad
- Set the price for your HGVC resale
How Can I Expedite the Sale of My HGVC Timeshare?
While finding a buyer for your HGVC timeshare may take some time, there are a few ways you can expedite the sale of your unit:
- Price competitively—when setting a price for your timeshare, don’t be afraid to go a little below the market value. This will encourage more people to buy.
- Add special offers—if there are any special membership offers that go along with your timeshare, be sure to include it in the ad. Buyers will find timeshares with added bonuses more attractive.
- Help the buyer—if possible, volunteer to pay the closing costs. A buyer will be much more likely to buy from you if you help them out.
I Financed My Timeshare—Can I Still Sell It?
You can sell your HGVC timeshare even if there is still financing on it. The remainder of what you owe will simply be deducted from the purchase amount at the time of sale.
Who Will Handle the Closing?
Once a sale is complete, HGVCResales.com will recommend an independent licensed and trusted company to handle the timeshare closing process. Closing on a sale will usually take anywhere from 6 to 10 weeks.
Selling your timeshare can be a confusing process, and that’s why we’re here to help. If you’re wondering about selling your HGVC timeshare, contact one of the independent timeshare resale specialists at HGVCResales.com. You may also want to take a look at our Sell Your HGVC Timeshare page for more information.